- Do you accept manuscript submissions?
We commission proactively and do not accept submissions. If you would like to find out more, you may like to read our blog post ‘Why we don’t have a slush pile’.
- Can I register for your consultancy scheme?
Yes, please do. Our old consultancy scheme has been replaced by our Young Editors site.
- Do you publish for adults with dyslexia?
We offer a dyslexia-friendly edition of Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men, Dickens’s A Christmas Carol and Stevenson’s Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde. Our graphic novel Alpha is also available in an edition aimed at adult readers. Otherwise our books are primarily aimed at children and young people although we believe that many of our teen and Young Adult titles are also great reads for grown-ups.
You might enjoy Brock, Pike and Rook by Anthony McGowan, Moose Baby by Meg Rosoff, Mind The Gap by Phil Earle or Unboxed by Non Pratt. Or try browsing our teen books section.
- Where is the dyslexia-friendly books section?
Follow this link to our dyslexia friendly books.
- Are Barrington Stoke’s books abridged?
No, they are all written for our list by our stellar authors.
- Are your books available in bookshops?
Yes, throughout the UK and overseas. And in libraries too. Please contact us if you have difficulty finding the book your want.
- Do I need to register or set up an account to order?
No – once you’ve added items to your basket please follow the checkout procedure – there is no need to register your details to create an account.
- What makes your books dyslexia friendly?
Our books use a shapely font that promotes character recognition and we use a tinted paper that is easier on the eyes. You can find out more detail about why our books are dyslexia and reluctant reader friendly here.
- Do you have a dyslexia edition of Harry Potter/Inspector Calls/Shakespeare etc?
We do not publish dyslexia editions of other books (apart from Mice and Men, A Christmas Carol and Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde) – all of our books are new and written specifically for us.
- Can I have delivery to a different address from my billing address?
Yes, please enter delivery address when prompted at checkout.