Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, Barrington Stoke owns the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
What you should know about Barrington Stoke’s information
Barrington Stoke operates this website as a courtesy to those who may choose to access it. The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. Barrington Stoke grants permission to users to visit the site and to download, copy and print the information, documents and materials from the site for the user’s personal, non-commercial or educational use. This is without any right to resell or redistribute these or to compile or create derivative works there from, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this site.
Barrington Stoke’s information is provided free of charge and is intended to be helpful to a large range of users including teachers and schoolchildren, adult learners, educational groups and organisations, families with children and general users from the UK and elsewhere.
Due to its general nature the content on the site cannot be taken as comprehensive. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the terms listed and interpretations and conclusions expressed in the content on this website are those of the various Barrington Stoke staff members, consultants and advisers who prepared the work. Barrington Stoke cannot guarantee that the information applies to the individual circumstances of your requirements.
Despite Barrington Stoke’s best efforts it is also possible that some information may be out-of-date. You therefore acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and Barrington Stoke expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any reliance you place on Barrington Stoke’s information or information on other websites to which Barrington Stoke’s website links will be at your own risk.
You must not:
republish material from this website unless for the purposes outlined above
sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website
reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on the website for a commercial purpose
edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
redistribute material from this website with the exception of any content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution
What you should know about the other sites Barrington Stoke links to
Links will lead to other websites. Although checked regularly, these are not under Barrington Stoke’s control. Barrington Stoke is not responsible for the content of any linked website and cannot take responsibility for consequences arising from use of information or services on linked websites. Barrington Stoke cannot guarantee that these links will work all or any of the time.
Barrington Stoke’s website does not endorse or favour any third-party website and links do not imply endorsement; users should exercise judgement to decide whether the information or service on that website is suitable for their needs. If a website is not linked to, this does not mean or imply that it is unsatisfactory. The linked websites are regularly reviewed in the light of customer usage and feedback.
Barrington Stoke makes every effort to check and test its websites during production. However, Barrington Stoke would advise you to run an anti-virus program on anything you download from the Internet. Barrington Stoke accepts no liability for any damage to your computer system or loss of data caused by using this website or arising as a result of having used the website.
This website and the use of it is governed by Scottish Law and Scottish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes connected to our websites.
Purchasing goods from the Barrington Stoke website
Purchases and payments
All purchases made via this Website are subject to these Terms and Conditions. You must accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions before making any purchase from this website.
Prices and currency
All transactions will be processed in British Pounds Sterling at the prevailing exchange rate operated by our clearing merchant bank. All prices are subject to fluctuation without notice. However prices agreed at time of purchase will not change in final billing. Errors and omissions excepted.
While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of information on this Web Site, the manufacturer reserves the right to change any specification without notice. Photographs are a guide only, and do not necessarily represent the product on offer. Accessories depicted are not necessarily part of the product package.
Customers must ensure that goods are suitable for the purpose intended.
All items are subject to availability.
Damaged, Defective Goods and Cancellation Rights We supply goods that are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months (or longer if required by law) from the date of delivery. You should inspect the goods when you receive them for defects or damage. If you find damage or a defect you must tell us within 7 days.
Unwanted Goods In accordance with the new European Directive on distance selling, which has been incorporated into UK law by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling Act) Regulations 2000, you as the consumer have the right to cancel your order with us within 7 days of receiving the goods. Day one is defined as the day after you receive the goods. You will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the goods to us; all other monies will returned within 30 days date from cancellation, on the understanding that the goods are returned in the condition of which they are received. In the case of packs, shrink-wrapping must be unbroken. If we have not received our goods back within the time frame specified, the Regulations allows us to deduct what it would cost us to retrieve the goods from you the consumer.
We will not accept return of goods that have been used or of packs with broken shrink-wrapping.
Delivery We aim to deliver goods within seven working days of receipt of order in the UK.
Twitter Prize Draw Terms
1. Barrington Stoke Twitter prize draw competitions are open only to residents of Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 and over as at the time of the competition opening. Employees of Barrington Stoke or its affiliates are not eligible to enter. Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify the respective entry from the competition.
2. All entries must be received by the stated time (UK time).
3. Only one entry per person per prize draw competition will be accepted.
4. Each entrant shall enter the prize draw via Twitter only, in the way of retweeting the stated message promoted by Barrington Stoke (@barringtonstoke). Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted and Barrington Stoke reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
5. The winner will be selected at random by means of a blind draw.
6. The winning prize is one copy of the book(s) as stated, value RRP.
7. The promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
8. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter’s liability under or in connection with the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the prize in question.
9. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the prize draw competition or any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
10. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
11. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
12. The promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner’s twitter username will be posted on the @barringtonstoke account after the winner has been selected.
14. Copyright in all entries shall be owned by the promoter.
15. These terms and conditions and the competition prize draw are governed by Scots law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
16. Promoter: Barrington Stoke Ltd, 18 Walker Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7LP